Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year

I am at the Kansas City Airport on the free wireless service they provide. It is handy, just like the one at Albuquerque. I should arrive back Monday evening.

Talk about cold. I drove down to Kansas City through St. Joseph's, Missouri today. The temperature never got above 12 degrees and the wind was gusting to 40MPH. Instant freeze on the window washer fluid.

I came through St. Joseph's to visit my mother's grave site. She died of Alzheimers back in 1993 after a long illness and after the services in Albuquerque we abided by her wishes to have her interred beside her parents.

Sadly, since there was so much snow I could not find her marker but I was in the general vicinity. My mom's name was Dixie and she had many friends in Albuquerque. She had a long career with the Atomic Energy Commission and the Department of Energy before she retired in 1978. I was glad I could be near her today.

The trip to Iowa was well worth it and there are a lot of dedicated people there working for Governor Richardson and the rest of the candidates. I think the Iowa caucus will deliver a few surprises on Thursday.

The great volunteers that went to Pasadena to decorate the New Mexico 'Alien' float were rewarded when it won the Grand Marshal's trophy for creativity and design. So much for all the whiners in New Mexico who didn't like it!

No comments: