Wednesday, January 10, 2007

South Park and bush

A few of us had coffee this morning and one of them brought up the impending speech by bush on his Iraq Surge. He asked what we thought of it and the only way I can describe our response is that it was just like a scene out of the irreverant South Park TV cartoon.
Quite often the boys in the cartoon will hear something so ridiculous they just stand there for five seconds with their mouths open.

I truly am at a loss for words on what I should say about this, but here it goes. I don't beleive there is anything bush can say to convince me we should support anything he comes up with in hopes of making the situation better. He has been wrong from beginning to end on this war and the only thing that could make him right now is sheer dumb luck.

1 comment:

NB said...

Puts a new light on "Who Killed Kenny?" doesn't it? "Kenny", of course, being representative of every soldier in Iraq.
I'm thinking GWB will never be right but he obviously has an agenda that is built on information that we Americans may never know about.
I AM concerned that the Democrats will not stand up to him to get our troops out of there.
From my point of view, I see him putting us in Iran, Iraq, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and everywhere else he has a vested interest.
A second term-got-nuthin'-to-lose president is a dangerous thing. Especially if his name is George W. Bush.
Take care.